When it comes to living better and feeling better, there are the tried-and-true options –
- Cutting out sugary drinks and salty snacks
- Avoiding the fast food line
But in our increasingly busy lives, finding time for exercise or trying to find a healthy afternoon pick-me-up seems all but impossible.
Fortunately, there’s a way to give your body a boost that will leave you feeling better in no time – detox drinks. They’ll help you quickly and easily give your body the essential vitamins and minerals you need to help with things like –
- Reducing inflammation
- Losing a few pounds
- Getting your skin to look vibrant and youthful1
And that’s not all. The good news is that these drinks aren’t too complex and the ingredients are easy to find!
What’s not to love about strawberries? They’re small, sweet, and available all year long. They’re also packed with Vitamin C, calcium, and potassium.2 And in their own right, cucumbers are no slouches either!
In fact, cucumbers contain the amino acid citrulline, which studies show may help improve liver health.3 Put these two together, and you’re on your way to a delicious, toxin-cleansing drink. But how do you make it?
- A package of strawberries
- Two medium cucumbers
- 2 liters filtered water
1. Remove the leafy tops of the strawberries so you’re not sipping on leaves!
2. Next, slice them in half and place them in a large pitcher.
3. For the cucumbers, you can leave the skin on. Slice your cucumber into coin-like slices, about a quarter of an inch thick each. Place them in the pitcher, too.
4. Finally, fill the pitcher up with 2 liters of cool, filtered water and place the pitcher in the fridge overnight.
When you wake up the next day, fill your favorite glass up with ice and pour in your new creation!
Watermelon Mint Medley
Juicy watermelon and refreshing mint… a match made in heaven! Add a twist of lime, and you’re left with an amazing detox drink.
Why these ingredients?
Well, in addition to tasting great, watermelon is packed with the same amino acids that cucumber has, which means adding watermelon to this drink can help flush some of the nasty toxins that build up in your liver over time.4 Watermelon is also great for alleviating muscle soreness.5
As for mint, it’s been credited with helping with upset stomachs and indigestion. And mint may increase the secretion of bile, which could speed up and ease digestion.6
1. Slice up a generous amount of watermelon, rind and all, and place it in a large pitcher.
2. Next, take a handful of mint leaves and place them in the pitcher, too.
3. Fill up the pitcher with cold, filtered water, and place in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, start your day with an ice-cold glass of this fan-favorite and be on your way!
Lemon Ginger Jolt
Perfectly sweet with a kick from the ginger, this detox drink is delicious and unique.
Now, ginger has long been a popular go-to for nausea relief, pain, and inflammation.7,8 Add a bit of lemon, and you’ve got a spicy-sweet beverage to get you through your day.
- Take a 2” piece of ginger root and slice it into smaller chunks. Then place them in a large pitcher.
- Next, juice two lemons into the pitcher.
- Add approximately 2 liters of cold, filtered water, and leave in the fridge overnight.
Orange Blueberry Boost
Plump blueberries and vibrant oranges are the stars of this detox drink. This drink is refreshing while still delivering your body the antioxidants it needs thanks to the blueberries and Vitamin C, courtesy of the oranges.9,10
1. Take a handful of ripe blueberries and combine them in a large pitcher with 2 sliced mandarin oranges.
2. Top off with water and allow to sit overnight.
The tartness of the oranges pairs nicely with the subtle blueberry. So long, soda!
Rosemary and Grapefruit
FInally, you know that grapefruit has a great reputation as a powerfruit tied to weight loss, and some studies suggest it may reduce blood pressure, too.11 But did you know the grapefruit’s immune-boosting Vitamin C paired with the aromatic rosemary may provide anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits.12
1. Slice the grapefruit into slices and add it to an empty pitcher with a hefty helping of rosemary sprigs.
2. Allow these to steep overnight in about 2 liters of water. That’s it.
Drink it All In
One of the great benefits of any detox drink is that it encourages you to drink more water, and that is a good thing! Finding new and unique ways to boost your immune system and increase your energy levels is always exciting, too.
So, enjoy these recipes and don’t be afraid to mix and match any of the ingredients you see here into a new creation!